April 19, 2014
TRFC Challenge - Saturday, Apri 26
Fencers: For those of you competing in our TRFC Challenge Series, the April Event has been moved from Saturday, April 19 to Saturday, April 26.
Spectators/New Fencers: If you are considering trying fencing, this is a great chance to come watch our fencers compete, and see what it's all about! The event is at 11:00 a.m. Hope to see you there!
March 20, 2014
Spring Practice Schedule!
For our Experienced Fencers, and for those of you who have graduated from our Summer Camp or "Introduction to Fencing" Programs, we have assembled our Spring Practice Schedule! If you have a question about how your son or daughter would continue to develop, our Practice Schedule provides details on when we conduct conditioning, footwork, and bladework practice sessions, and when we conduct open bouting sessions.
Click here: Download 2014-Winter-Spring Class Schedule to view the schedule and register for classes!
New Learn-To-Fence Classes!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center is excited to announce our new "Learn-To-Fence" classes! If you have never tried fencing, but would like to start, we have new "Learn-to-Fence" classes starting! Classes are 4 weeks long, and meet once per week. Classes are conducted as follows:
- Saturday Mornings, 9 to 10 a.m. (Combined Class - Ages 7 and Up)
- Monday Evenings, 5 to 6 p.m. (Youth Class - Ages 7-12)
- Wednesday Evenings, 5 to 6 p.m. (Kids Class - Ages 5-7) and 8 to 9 p.m. (Teen (13-17) and Adult (18 and Up))
Each New 4-week Class will start as follows:
- Saturdays: March 29, May 3, May 31
- Mondays: March 31, April 28, June 2
- Wednesdays: April 2, April 30, May 28
Three Rivers Fencing Center provides the fencing gear, so come on out and try this fantastic sport! Click here: Download 2014 Spring Intro Classes for your registration form and complete details!
What better way to spend the summer than learning a new sport that provides a lifetime of benefits! Fencing stimulates the body, mind, and spirit, and it is a blast! Let our experienced staff introduce your son or daughter to this fast and powerful sport that is sweeping the USA!
Week-long, Half-day camps will be conducted the following weeks:
- June 16-20
- July 28-August 1
- August 4-8
- August 11-15 (Intermediate, for those who took a camp or class, previously)
Click here: Download 2014SummerCamps for a registration form and information on dates and times!
November 22, 2013
Fencing Seminar with Maitre Nat Goodhartz January 25-26!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center (TRFC) is proud to announce that we are inviting you to attend a fencing clinic with Maitre Nat Goodhartz on Saturday, January 25th and Sunday, January 26th!
Nat Goodhartz is a certified fencing master through the FIE, has a PhD in Exercise Physiology, and is a member of the US Fencing Association Hall of Fame. She has served as the National Jr. Men's Foil Coach and the National Coach for Women's Foil. She has coached numerous World Cup and World Championship Teams, coached many National Champions and members of World Championship Teams, including a silver medalist on the Beijing Olympic Team.
TRFC will provide lunch on Saturday at 12:30. The clinic will run from 1:30-5:00 p.m. on Saturday the 25th and Sunday the 26th from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Fees are $70, and college students and TRFC Members may attend at the discounted rate of $40.
If you plan to attend, please contact Coach Iana Dakova at [email protected]
Hope to see you there!
November 13, 2013
Coach Kaidanov Seminar-Huge Success!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center was proud to host Maitre d'Armes, Emmanuil Kaidanov, on November 2-3, 2013! Coach Kaidanov conducted a very informative Seminar and it was our pleasure to enjoy our visit with Coach and his beautiful wife! Coach has accomplished numerous Competitive and Coaching Successes, including:
- Winner of silver medal in the USSR National Championships in 1958 and 1959
- Earned his Maitre d’Armes from the State University of Physical Education at Kharkov
- USA Coach for: Pan-American Games, World University Games, Maccabiah Games, Olympic Sports Festival, and World Championships
- In 31 seasons as Penn State Head Coach: 795-77 combined record (+91 percent winning record)
- 12 Penn State NCAA Championships and Finishing in Top 3 in 25 of 29 Seasons
- 4 Time NCAA Coach of the Year
- Coach's Fencers have accomplished:
- 28 NCAA Individual Titles
- 188 All Americans
- 10 Olympians
- 1st and Only USA World Champion-Miles Chamley-Wason
Thank you, Coach!
August 29, 2013
Weapon Repair Clinic - Saturday September 7thThe Three Rivers Fencing Center will be hosting a Weapon Repair Clinic on Saturday, September 7th from 12:30-2:00 p.m. This is a great way to learn how to repair your equipment and how to keep your equipment in top shape! The clinic is free for TRFC Members and $25 for Non-Members. Please email Coach Dakova at [email protected] to reserve your spot! We hope to see you there!
June 23, 2013
2013 Summer Schedule!
Summer Schedule at TRFC!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center will continue fencing classes throughout the summer, and we are offering several fencing camps for new fencers:
- Beginner Camps will be conducted the weeks of August 5, August 12, and August 19 (Click on "Classes" to the right for more details)
- Our Summer Schedule will begin the week of June 24th, and fencing will be conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Come, enjoy our air-conditioned gym, and beat the heat! We look forward to serving you, and hope that you get involved in this most fantastic of all sports!
If you have questions, please email us at [email protected]
July 08, 2011
Congratulations to Lynn Botelho, who just won the Gold Medal at the 2011 National Championships in Reno Nevada. Lynn completed a perfect 6-0 record in the pools, tied as the Number 1 seed, and continued undefeated to claim the Gold Medal in the Veteran 40 Women's Foil Event! Completed in professional style, I might add! Congratulations to Lynn, and her coach, Iana Dakova! We salute you!
Update - Lynn also was a member of the Gold-Medal winning Women's Over-40 Veteran Foil Team
Brad Cellier anchored the Gold-Medal winning Men's Over-40 Veteran Foil Team
TRFC at National Championships!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center sent a cadre of athletes to Reno, Nevada, to compete at the 2011 National Championships from July 1-10. Here are our representative athletes, along with our results:
- Lynn Botelho - GOLD in the Over-40 Veterans Womens Foil, GOLD in Over-40 Veteran Foil Team Event
- Bradley Cellier - 7th in the Over-40 Veterans Mens Foil, Anchored Over-40 GOLD Medal winning Veteran Foil Team
- Guy Beresteanu - 45 out of 107 competitors in Youth 10 Men's Foil (MF)
- Simon Schaitkin - 123 out of 184 competitors in Under 16 MF, 178 of 235 in Under 19 MF
- Max Findley - 96 of 235 in Under 19 MF
- Stephen Baker finished 10th
- Max Findley finished 14th
Also, the TRFC put together a Men's Foil Team, who finished 6th out of 23 teams. This was a very strong team, which lost by one touch in overtime to the Silver Medalist Team of Empire United Fencing from New York City. Anchored by Max Findley, this team was in the running to medal at the National Champonships. The TRFC Team consisted of:
- Max Findley
- Stephen Baker
- Bradley Cellier