July 04, 2014
TRFC Closed on Saturday, July 5th
The Three Rivers Fencing Center will be closed on Saturday, July 5th for the July 4th Holiday! Enjoy your break!
TRFC at National Championships!
We wanted to recognize our competitors who represented TRFC at National Championships in Columbus June 22-July 3, 2014:
Lynn Botelho - Over 50 Women's Foil - NATIONAL CHAMPION!
Christopher (fox) Ashwood - Youth 10 Men's Foil
Guy Beresteanu - Youth 14 Men's Foil
Eric Chmielewski - Div. II and Div. III Men's Foil
Drew Gallagher - Div. II Men's Foil
Ariel Holstein - Youth 12 Men's Foil
Emily Michaelsen - Youth 10 Women's Foil
Nate Watson - Youth 14 Men's Foil
Congratulations to all of our competitors!
Thank you also to Iana Dakova, Patrick Reardon, Dan Yu, Noah Gale, and to all those who help with practices throughout the year!
May 30, 2014
Summer Time at TRFC!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center will continue fencing classes throughout the summer, and we are offering several fencing opportunities for fencers:
- Beginner Camps will be conducted the weeks of June 16-20, July 28-August 1, August 4-8, and August 11-15. (Click on "Classes" to the right for more details)
- Our Summer Schedule will begin the week of June 16th, and fencing will be conducted Monday though Thursday from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. All ages and levels are invited!
Come, enjoy our air-conditioned gym, and beat the heat! We look forward to serving you, and we hope that you join us in this most fantastic of all sports!
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 23, 2014
Summer Invitational Tournament
The Three Rivers Fencing Center (TRFC) will be hosting its Summer Invitational Tournament on Saturday, June 14. This is the last event for our Youth Challenge, and the season's winner will be crowned! If you would like to come watch, please stop by at 11 a.m.!
March 20, 2014
Spring Practice Schedule!
For our Experienced Fencers, and for those of you who have graduated from our Summer Camp or "Introduction to Fencing" Programs, we have assembled our Spring Practice Schedule! If you have a question about how your son or daughter would continue to develop, our Practice Schedule provides details on when we conduct conditioning, footwork, and bladework practice sessions, and when we conduct open bouting sessions.
Click here: Download 2014-Winter-Spring Class Schedule to view the schedule and register for classes!
New Learn-To-Fence Classes!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center is excited to announce our new "Learn-To-Fence" classes! If you have never tried fencing, but would like to start, we have new "Learn-to-Fence" classes starting! Classes are 4 weeks long, and meet once per week. Classes are conducted as follows:
- Saturday Mornings, 9 to 10 a.m. (Combined Class - Ages 7 and Up)
- Monday Evenings, 5 to 6 p.m. (Youth Class - Ages 7-12)
- Wednesday Evenings, 5 to 6 p.m. (Kids Class - Ages 5-7) and 8 to 9 p.m. (Teen (13-17) and Adult (18 and Up))
Each New 4-week Class will start as follows:
- Saturdays: March 29, May 3, May 31
- Mondays: March 31, April 28, June 2
- Wednesdays: April 2, April 30, May 28
Three Rivers Fencing Center provides the fencing gear, so come on out and try this fantastic sport! Click here: Download 2014 Spring Intro Classes for your registration form and complete details!
What better way to spend the summer than learning a new sport that provides a lifetime of benefits! Fencing stimulates the body, mind, and spirit, and it is a blast! Let our experienced staff introduce your son or daughter to this fast and powerful sport that is sweeping the USA!
Week-long, Half-day camps will be conducted the following weeks:
- June 16-20
- July 28-August 1
- August 4-8
- August 11-15 (Intermediate, for those who took a camp or class, previously)
Click here: Download 2014SummerCamps for a registration form and information on dates and times!
November 22, 2013
Fencing Seminar with Maitre Nat Goodhartz January 25-26!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center (TRFC) is proud to announce that we are inviting you to attend a fencing clinic with Maitre Nat Goodhartz on Saturday, January 25th and Sunday, January 26th!
Nat Goodhartz is a certified fencing master through the FIE, has a PhD in Exercise Physiology, and is a member of the US Fencing Association Hall of Fame. She has served as the National Jr. Men's Foil Coach and the National Coach for Women's Foil. She has coached numerous World Cup and World Championship Teams, coached many National Champions and members of World Championship Teams, including a silver medalist on the Beijing Olympic Team.
TRFC will provide lunch on Saturday at 12:30. The clinic will run from 1:30-5:00 p.m. on Saturday the 25th and Sunday the 26th from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Fees are $70, and college students and TRFC Members may attend at the discounted rate of $40.
If you plan to attend, please contact Coach Iana Dakova at email@example.com.
Hope to see you there!
November 13, 2013
Coach Kaidanov Seminar-Huge Success!
The Three Rivers Fencing Center was proud to host Maitre d'Armes, Emmanuil Kaidanov, on November 2-3, 2013! Coach Kaidanov conducted a very informative Seminar and it was our pleasure to enjoy our visit with Coach and his beautiful wife! Coach has accomplished numerous Competitive and Coaching Successes, including:
- Winner of silver medal in the USSR National Championships in 1958 and 1959
- Earned his Maitre d’Armes from the State University of Physical Education at Kharkov
- USA Coach for: Pan-American Games, World University Games, Maccabiah Games, Olympic Sports Festival, and World Championships
- In 31 seasons as Penn State Head Coach: 795-77 combined record (+91 percent winning record)
- 12 Penn State NCAA Championships and Finishing in Top 3 in 25 of 29 Seasons
- 4 Time NCAA Coach of the Year
- Coach's Fencers have accomplished:
- 28 NCAA Individual Titles
- 188 All Americans
- 10 Olympians
- 1st and Only USA World Champion-Miles Chamley-Wason
Thank you, Coach!